The American Red Cross Bay Area Chapter is participating in the region’s largest MLK Day Celebration this year and we invite you to volunteer or join us in the day’s activities.
Our staff and volunteers will take part in the Northern California Martin Luther King Jr. Community Foundation’s “Sustaining the Dream: Through Community and Service” celebration Monday, January 16 in downtown San Francisco.
Get more details about the event at the Northern California Martin Luther King, Jr. website.
The event will include:
· A parade beginning at 11 a.m. at 4th Street and Townsend Avenue at the Caltrain Depot, proceeding to Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. Participants should arrive early.
· An MLK Dream address and other presentations from 12:15 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Novellus Theater at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, doors open at 11:50 a.m.
· A San Francisco Interfaith Commemoration from 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. at the Esplanade Stage at Yerba Buena Gardens.
· A health preparedness and sustainability festival at the forum at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
· An opportunity to give blood with pre-registration online, from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
· A theatre presentation of “King in Five Vignettes” with doors opening at 12:15 p.m. at the Novellus Theater at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts.
· A Civil Rights film festival from 11:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the forum at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts.
· A children’s reading festival from 11:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Children’s Creativity Museum/Yerba Buena Center for the Arts & Gardens
· Free admission to the Contemporary Jewish Museum and the Museum of the African Diaspora from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We are looking for volunteers to help at Red Cross booths at the event in two to three hour shifts from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to volunteer.