White House Internship Program:
Things to Know
The application period for the Spring 2012 White House Internship Program is now open. Applicants have until September 11, 2011 to apply for a Spring 2012 White House Internship. Please read instructions below and refer to our FAQ page for additional explanations.
The following are important questions to ask yourself before and after submitting your internship application. The link to apply can be found at the bottom of this page, but please read all instructions before starting your application.
Am I eligible to apply for a White House Internship?
All White House Internship Program participants must be:
- United States citizens
- At least 18 years of age on or before the first day of the internship
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college or university OR graduated in the past two years from undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college or university
- A veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty at any time over the past two years
Am I available for the Spring 2012 internship program?
All White House Interns are expected to intern full-time for the entire term of the program:
- The spring internship term runs from January 17, 2012 – May 4, 2012
- Please visit our FAQ page for questions regarding quarter systems
- The White House internship program is an unpaid program
- The White House internship program is a full-time program
- Interns will be expected to work from approximately 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Hours may vary by office
- Please visit our FAQ page for questions regarding the definition of “full-time”
Do I have all my application materials?
A completed packet includes:
- Two Essays: Each answer should be between 300-500 words in length
- Current Resume: Your resume should not exceed one page
- Three Letters of Recommendation
How do I submit my application correctly?
All application materials must be submitted online.
- The application for the Spring 2012 White House Internship will be posted from May 9, 2011 – September 11, 2011. All Spring 2012 White House Internship application materials MUST be submitted ON or BEFORE 11:59 p.m. EDT September 11, 2011.
- When an applicant enters a recommender’s email address into the application, the recommender will be sent an email with instructions on how to submit a recommendation for the applicant.
- When a letter of recommendation has been successfully submitted, both the applicant and the recommender will receive an email confirmation with the name of the recommender who has submitted a letter on the applicant’s behalf.
Click on the link below to apply: